Canadian stator suppliers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian stator suppliers??

Went for a short trip tonight, about 5k from home, stopped at a light, the voltmeter starts beeping and showing 11.7V at idle and 12.8? when reving around 4-5K so I think I've been bit by the infamous R/R problems. Won't know for sure till the weekend and doing a check for grounds, connections, stator output etc.
    To prepare for the almost inevitable need for a stator and/or regular does anyone know of a Canadian supplier?? Hopefully I won't need it but it doesn't hurt to be prepared....Mike

I just put in a stator and R/R from Electrex Canada a couple days ago. Their number can be found on the links page of www.electrexusa.com Shipping is about 10 bucks for the pair and takes 5 days. For the 1100 it cost me 425CDN total but I wasn't too happy when I found that the stator and RR came with different plugs.

Oh yeah, when testing my new stator it only put out 50 volts at high RPM which happens to be the same as my Suzuki stator. Electrex says you should see about 80 volts but this isn't the correct as far as I can tell.

Steve

Comment

I just sent for the $166 stator from ElectrexUSA.

Steve, which one did you get? I ordered the G2. If you want I'll tell you my results when I get mine in.

Michael

Comment

ouch

$425 hurts, I hope I can find a bad connection, that and another $75 is all I paid for the bike. Granted I did some fixing up.....Mike

Comment

fixed

Tested the stator, putting out 75V @4-5K, did the resistance/continuity check on the R/R and that ended up being the problem.
          Couldn't find a used one locally and couldn't affort an Electrex one so I got a used one from a 650 Savage. A minor bit or rewiring and it works like a charm, putting out a steady 14.7V at anything over 4K. It even physically fit, just had to spend 1/2 a minute filing out one mounting hole. It's even a better looking unit, the heat sink is a least double the size of the Suzuki one, hopefully it'll last.
          A question, the oil that the stator is in, is it being circulated with the rest of the engine/trans oil? The reason I ask is that I changed the oil last weekend and the oil that came out from the stator cover today (about 1/ 2 a liter) looked quite dark compared to the rest of the engine oil.....
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X