No announcement yet.

Bike running lean? GS850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only so many things that can cause your problem. It has to be something previously mentioned.
    Have you tried running the bike at 3-4.5K with the petcock on "prime"?
    Also, are your two floatbowl vent tubes clear and not kinked?
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Yes to both questions.

I did find an anomally in the fuel line which was not readily apparent. When the tank was off everything looked fine, however when we installed the tank in a tucked away corner, the fuel line was kinking. I rerouted the line. I wasn't able to test fully last night, but it appears like it has helped. I might still have minor adjustment on the mixture screws but I am crossing my fingers.

Comment

Hope that's it! Let us know.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Still cautiously optimistic....bike ran excellent again today. No stumbling at all.

Now all I need is an exhaust, left side cover and a self-cancelling turn signal module. Exhaust I have welded up for now but really needs to be replaced. The side cover was lost on the first run after the engine repair. The Self-cancelling...I can live without!

Comment

Working...
          X