Good GS mechanic in Northern Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good GS mechanic in Northern Virginia

I took my '82 GS850G to get the carburetors sychronized this weekend at Crossroads Cycle near Bailey's Crossroads in Northern Virgina. Friendly, fast service for older motorcycles. On Saturdays, 9-4, they do minor repair work on a first come first serve basis. (I saw them take care of a front brake repair, a hydraulic clutch issue, and sundry state saftey inspections while I was there.) The owner seemed very familiar with the GS.

Here's the address:

Crossroads Cycle
    5715 Leesburg Pike
    Falls Church, VA ?22041

703-820-3711

THANK YOU so much dude, I'll be going there this saturday to have my carbs resorted out.
    You're a Godsend bud.

Seriously, Thank you so much.
    How much did they charge you?

Dm of mD

Comment

DM:

It wasn't cheap. $114.00, to be exact. But, the bike had a broken synchronization adjustment screw which they had to extract and replace. The guy said he charges from $75 to $125 for sychronization and air screw adjustment. My local HonSuzYam dealer wouldn't work on my '82 because they said it is too old. They recommended Crossroads.

Not sure how you are coming, but if you are going East on Route 7, the shop is down on a parallel street on the right. If you go, get there early as it is first come first serve. Hope it goes well for you.

Caleb

Comment

Kewl!! That is right in my price range.
        What I need is an air-screw adjustment and I'm more than willing to pay 125 dollars for it. Thank you thank you thank you thank you.
        Finally, a competent mechanic that doesn't charge you the equivalent of an organ for carb work!!!

I'll be there before they open this saturday!

Dm of mD

PS: Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
        X