Weird power problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird power problem.

I have charing problems. I recharged my battery and hooked it up getting ready to do a no load charge test, but after the battery was hooked up no power was getting anywhere, no neutral light. I thought the light was blown, couldnt kick start it. The meter said the battery was at 12.4V so thats ok. I can't figure out whats going on. I havnt touched any wires to do the test at this point.

Fuse check yet?

Sorry...

Have you checked your fuses yet?

:?
    Dm of mD

Comment

Haha nope ... after looking in my shop manual, where the hell are the fuses? =\

Comment

Should be under one of the side covers.
        More than likely the one on the left side of the bike.

Dm of mD

Comment

One sides hiding the battery the other side is hiding the regulator and rectifier. The shop manual picture I have of that area shows no fuse or fusebox=\

Comment

I was looking through the microfiche pics for your bike and only found this picture with a fuse in it. It's a tube that holds a 15A fuse. From what I see, it looks like it's under the gas tank, probably on one side so you can access it without pulling it off. It's part# 11 in the picture.

I don't have this bike, but this is all I could find. I guess in 1977 they only used one main fuse.

Good Luck.

Comment

at the battery positive cable there should also be a smaller wire attached to the possitive cable.
              this is the main power wire, follow it back away from the battery, the fuse holder is located on this wire.

Comment

Working...
              X