Help with a work around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a work around.

After much head scratching, I realized that there is no condensor at the end of my new coil, and that the condensors arnt in the ignition timer. Can anyone help me figure out how to add a condensor into the system or find me Suzuki GS400 coils with condensors on them for a decent price?

up for help

Comment

I'm not hardly versed on this subject but I looked in my manual for you.

It appears that the 79 and earlier models have breaker points systems with coils, condensers and points. Later models, like mine, have the same coils but instead of points and condensers, signal generator and igniter unit. I'm no authority but it looks like they're just electrolytic capacitors in metal cans. Maybe someone can specify their properties so you can replace them.

Or you could get coils from 1980 or later with them preinstalled.

So it seems,

Michael

Comment

condenser

In dummy terms the condenser is an electrcal shock absorber, you should be able to go to an auto supply house and get some for a 12volt system and wire them in, mostly the size will vary in dimensions and mount tab so take your stuff with you so you can make sure they will fit in the space allowed.

Comment

bought condensors from napa, didnt work out. Still need a proper GS400 condensed coil =\

Comment

Working...
          X