intake boots for what engine????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake boots for what engine????

Ok, i have an engine out of a gs550 that i was told will fit my 77 gs550 frame, which it does. The engine is a non-kickstart engine with the serial number gs550-236389. My problem is that i am trying to fit 79 gs750 carbs to it and the boots i just got don't fit the bolt patern on the head, though they do fit the carbs. The bolt pattern on the head has the bolts opposing at 71mm on center and the intake boots are opposing at 61mm on center.

what engine do I have and where do i need to get the boots from to fit.

Mike

Sounds like you have a +1980 engine that uses the CV Carbs.
    Your frame seems to be an older model according to the year you designated and the carbs it uses are totally different.

1980+ CV Carbs
    1980 - VM Carbs

Dm of mD

Comment

thats kind of what i was expecting...

if anyone can verify the intake bolt spacing for me that would be great...guess i am on the hunt for cv carbs and boots...

thanks

Comment

yeah you need bs32 cv carbs for your bike, i think you can use 650 carb bodies but will need to redo then innards, your best bet is to keep a eye on ebay. the part number for the boots are LF 13120-47010 AND RT 13110-47010 FOR THE BOOTS ABOUT 25$ A POP. you can get those at ron ayers.

ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Another possibility would be to change the head ONLY if they are both 2 valve motors

Comment

YES BOTH HEADS ARE TWO VALVE, EITHER WAY IT WILL PROBLY COST YOU ABOUT THE SAME WHEN YOU BUY THE GASKET.

-RYAN
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

thanks everyone...I thought about changing the head...but thats just that much more work I don't want to do...looks like I am on the hunt for 81'ish boots and cv carbs.

thanks again,

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X