Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where the heck is my left turn signal generator???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where the heck is my left turn signal generator???

well, it's still on the bike at least, but it's doing no good there... I noticed this morning that it would not blink, just come on and stick. the arrow is on, solidly. the rear light is on, solidly, and the front light is not on, again consistently... :roll:

I actually wiped down my bike last night, and cleaned around the wires up in the steering tree, as well as replacing a clutch cable.

note:be cautious when using armorall to clean one's new seat, as getting it on the footpegs and shifter is not recomended 8O

so can anyone point me to where the signal generator is located so I can have a better idea of where to jiggle things?? is it in the instrument cluster or more under the tank? I can consult the clymer gods when I get home, but the sooner the better, and the better the chances of GETTING home!

thanks!!

I'd like to know too, mine is in the same situation (left side as well).
    Prolly under the tank though.

Comment

the turn signal won't work if one of the bulbs is burned out or not getting power, check the front bulb and replace it, as I have been drivin mad by a bulb that looked good but was actualy bad!!

you can get a cheap test light and trace the wiring back to the short if the bulb is good and you are not getting power to the socket.
      also check the ground for the front turnsignal closely, it attaches to the base of the stalk.

Comment

Replace the bulb that isn't on. Use a 12V/23W bulb.

Comment

The turn signal Flasher should be behind the left side cover.

Comment

sweet!! thanks guys (and gals! ) I shoulda thought about the bulb!!
            first things first, I'll try that as it was working great earlier!

drat, I got a new bulb but this is somehow not the problem. I knew no good could come of cleaning the darn thing :roll:

any of you guys that are really familiar with these things, does the same blink generator control both sides? if it does then I know its in the wires elsewhere, if not, then that is a possiblility itself...

I feel rather dangerous without it, I didn't realize how much I actually believed people would see it... 8O

Comment

The relay controls both sides. The switch on your handlebars determines which side goes on (and off... and on... etc. ).

First check the wiring, especially the ground connections of the turn signal lights. Clean the connections (you'll find them in the headlight and on top of the rear fender), even if they look okay.

I'm sure it's just a minor problem.

Comment

Working...
              X