MAKING CARB BOOTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAKING CARB BOOTS

I couldn't afford the high dollar price for 4 new boots... waht to do....
    what a pickle I was in. Then I realized that trusty Autozone carries tailpipe couplings that would do the trick. 2-1/8" id just does the trick. (well a little help fram the drimel and fabrication was complete.) shortened and smoothed on the inside, they work awsome. I even painted them anodized blue for some needed color.

now all that is left is to shorten a bit more. they push the airbox back a smidge to far... can't get side covers on. poop! :x 8O oh well easy fix... here comes the cut off wheel..

as for my previous posts thanks for nothing fellas. (not one reply)

oh well.

oh by the way i did fix my carb problems, but i think it needs the mixture screws to go 1/8 - 1/4 tun out still yet. takes gas but is sluggish.. any replys with help?????????????

I KNEW IT!!!
    I thought to do the same thing back when I was restoring my bike and got shot down.
    Let me know if they seal well and don't leak.
    I still want to try this in case my stockers are failing.

Thanks man,
    Dm of mD
    You rock!!

Comment

Radiator hose is what you should use, The vibration of Mounting the carbs solid to the motor will distroy them. & It will be impossible to get a leak proof seal

Comment

its still a work in progress... i used rubber against the airbox to absorb shock. the adapters float in the airbox holes a bit. not a great seal i guess. what do you think of using pvc fittings? i may still indeed go to a radiator hose if i can get one with 2-1/8" inner diameter.. (hard to find around here for some reason) florida... weird state. the banks aren't even open on saturdays... whats up with that..

thanks for the input......

Comment

PVC will give you the same vibration problems to a lesser degree, but if you make a rubber gasket to dampen the vibration you might be ok. I'd be interested to know how well it works if you try it, though.

Steve 8)

Comment

thanks fellas.
            we'll see what i can come up with...

Comment

Working...
            X