Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reserve tank selector...

Hi there,

bought a 1980 GS450s yesterday (an old cheapie to use in and around London, UK), and I was hoping someone could help me regarding the reserve tank selector.

The arrow can either be pointing straight down or to the front of the bike, which one is Main and which one is Reserve? I thought it prudent to find this out by asking, rather than running it out of fuel in the middle of nowhere.

By the way, bike is running sweet so far, fingers crossed for a long & happy run on it! Feels great to be on a bike again after a years absence...

Appreciate your help
    Cheers,
    Vinnie.
    (motorbikevinnie@hotmail.com)

Straight down = main arrow forward is reserve

Comment

Cheers for that...

Vinnie

Comment

Re: Reserve tank selector...

Originally posted by motorbikevinnie
        bought a 1980 GS450s yesterday (an old cheapie to use in and around London, UK), and I was hoping someone could help me regarding the reserve tank selector.

The arrow can either be pointing straight down or to the front of the bike, which one is Main and which one is Reserve? I thought it prudent to find this out by asking, rather than running it out of fuel in the middle of nowhere.
        You mean like I did? (Grin) I also have a 450, an 82 vintage. As already reported, straight down is Main, forward is Reserve (it's hard to see, but on mine the letters RES are stamped in the metal surrounding the valve), and back is Prime (which I understand may be necessary if the bike has sat idle for a long time).

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X