Malfunctioning Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malfunctioning Horn

I have finally gotten my bike legal- it has been a blast to ride(my first cycle) Aside from some fuel/air issues from the 4-1 exhaust and likely non re jet it has been awesome. I have nothing to compare it to, but it sure is a lot of fun. OK enough gushing,-
    The Problem:

When I press the horn a barely audible sound comes out, then nothing. It also causes my panel lights and headlight to dim. The battery is fully charged and everything else electric works.

Bad ground?

Thanks for input!

Chris

Perhaps you should replace the horn. It can get rusty inside, which causes a kind of short-circuit. Anyway, it draws too much current from the battery.
    You can repair the horn, by taking it apart and cleaning it. But the simple way would be replacing it. Shouldn't cost more than $ 10.

Comment

Re: Malfunctioning Horn

Replace the horn. With age, the insides rust into crumbs and they are cheap enough to not be worth the effort to rebuild.

Earl

[quote="Philly_Chris"

When I press the horn a barely audible sound comes out, then nothing. It also causes my panel lights and headlight to dim. The battery is fully charged and everything else electric works.

Bad ground?

Thanks for input!

Chris[/quote]
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I took mine apart and cleaned it, put it back together and adjusted the screw until it sounded good. Took about 10 minutes. Works great.

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X