HELP with regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP with regulator

My orignal regulator burnt up, I now have a honda regulator but what wires go where 1983 gs550l

my original regulator has 5 wires

red, black/with white stripe, white/with red stripe, white/with blue stipe and a yellow.

the repalcement honda regualtor I have has 6 wires

3 yellows, solid black, solid red and green

Can u guys help me out here, I'm lossing out on riding time

thanks a bunch

Re: HELP with regulator

Your stator has three wires. The three stator wires are normally yellow, but it does not matter if they are not. The three stator wires are the three wires coming from the stator that is located in the left engine case. Connect your three yellow stator wires to the 3 yellow wires on your honda R/R. (it does not matter which yellow connects to which yellow. connect the solid RED to the battery positive terminal. Connect the solid BLACK to the battery negative terminal. Connect the GREEN to a ground/bolt on the bike's frame.

Earl

Originally posted by 83gs550l
    the repalcement honda regualtor I have has 6 wires

3 yellows, solid black, solid red and green

Can u guys help me out here, I'm lossing out on riding time

thanks a bunch
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

help

thanks for your help, while I was waiting I found the three yellows coming from my stator, cleaned up the connections, plugged it in and i was back in businessm the bike seems to pull harder now, or maybe its just my mind. But the battery is charging great now. I couldn't believe the actual physical size of the regulators, the Honda one is twice as big as the original. Once again thanks for the info

Comment

Re: help

I'm glad it helped. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Once again thanks for the info[/quote]

[quote="83gs550l"]thanks for your help, while I was waiting I found the three yellows coming from my stator, cleaned up the connections, plugged it in and i was back in businessm the bike seems to pull harder now, or maybe its just my mind. But the battery is charging great now. I couldn't believe the actual physical size of the regulators, the Honda one is twice as big as the original.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
        X