1500 dollar grab bag for my GS1150 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1500 dollar grab bag for my GS1150 project

I have a Blinding deal Ive got together A naibour has a 92 GSXR11 sitting in his front yard its all together and ride able.....but me being strange....Im thinking of buying the bike for 1500 canadian and using the USD forks wheels for my GS1150, using the 1100 motor in my GS750, and what ever is left ....sell on EBAY.....what do you guys think

I think I can even use the pipe and headers...cant I, on my gs1150

I think it is doable. It would be fun to try and set it up. I think you might get flamed by the purists, though. Maybe the post should go into the "Performance" forum. I know some of the guys here have done something similar.

Comment

You liquid cooled traiter!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

bo im staying with the GS1150 motor....Honest

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
          You liquid cooled traiter!

*cracking up*

Dm of mD

Comment

I doubt if the header will work. I installed a Vance and Hines SS2R from an oil cooled GSXR (94 I think) on my '80 1100E. The pegs needed to be moved. the header bolt spacing was wrong, and the inserts did not fit properly. I fixed all of those problems with custom parts - not easy. I do still have the files for CNC machining of the exhaust flange and insert.

Your exhaust may not have an insert, but I still think you will have mating problems to the 1100.

If you are using the GSXR exhaust with the GSXR motor, then you won't have the mating problems (obviously), but the pegs will probably need custom rearsets. If you go that route, I would scrap the old, heavy stuff and fit GSXT pegs. I used 2001 model year foot controls - complete, with the master cyliner and all.

Comment

Working...
            X