uh EARL ( BIG EDIT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh EARL ( BIG EDIT)

Hi there .. Thanks again a great deal for the phone call last night. There is still and issue with the starter clutch... we got it together and tried to turn it over and the whole mess willfree wheel. If I tighten it as tight as I can then it will turn the engine over but not freewheel the flywheel...Took the whole thing apart and all LOOKS well exceptthat the freewheel direction on the clutch appears to be wrong(the way the rollers are set on the back)
    At a loss at the moment and frankly quite frustrated that a simple device is kicking my ass,but what the hell....The only thing we are sure of at the moment is that we have everything together ..we finally gave up at 5am..Ideas?

ok I got the idea...after a bit of rest I understand and see the whole picture,except why it wont work....When the misses wakes I get a picture loaded and see if you see everything... IT turns the right way but.... I cannot get teh flywheel(big gear) to freewheel.. The rollers look good and move well manually but when I snug up the main bolt to the point where it will turn teh motor(everything good there too) the whole thing moves I think I am going to hook it up and try to start it maybe the enertia is the problem....But the self test thng DOES NOT work with the nut tight enough to spin the crank....Make sense...probably not..lol! :roll:

Comment

still no luck.. tightening a little more Any ideas?

Comment

PM me your phone number. I'll call you when I get home after work.

Couldnt answer anything last night, had a storm and phones and power were off all evening and night.

Earl

Originally posted by bybowtie
        still no luck.. tightening a little more Any ideas?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

THE BEAST RUNS!!!!
          Carrie did an excellent job on the crank. She kept with it and for the moment its a running riding machine!
          I do have a few problems speedo isnt working(worked briefly earlier not now). It was interesting I took the bike out for a shake down and I was thinking" wonder how fast its going" .Looiking down 0mph.. "HMMM I thought these things were quick..lol." I have a loose wire on the ignition(not too bad). I also have a sticking clutch,new cable likely not adjusted right. Thats about it..Brakes are good suspension feels good accelarates pretty well, feels smooth.KNOCK on wood it lasts......Thanks for the help!
          Keith and Carrie

Comment

Working...
          X