Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOLY S&%T!!!! I THINK I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOLY S&%T!!!! I THINK I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!

Guys/gals, anyone?! What I have is a '78 gs750e w/ appx. 25k on it, i have recently bebuilt the carbs(the right way)changed the plugs(to the correct gap(.24-8)), and the bike ran smoooth, had no problems at all, UNTIL NOW....i have no problems accelrating, or decelerating, the problems comes while decelerating...i hear this metal on metal hammering for a split second after i back off the throttle, right around the 4 to 5 k range, im running premium fuel in the tank, the sound echoes when i back off the throttle, i can hear it through the neighbor hood , it sounds like it's coming from the #1 cylinder, i can't replicate it when the bike is not moving....PLEASE HELP!!!!

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!

With out hearing the sound, just guessing.. When you back off the Cam chain could be hitting the case. I would check the CCT

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      I would check the CCT
      (Cam Chain Tensioner)

just in case

Comment

it has oil in it right? lol.

Comment

loose drive chain slapping the top of the swing arm? (shafties rule!)

Comment

Ummmm Leon, the driving side of the drive chain is always under tension.
            It isnt possible for it to be loose enough to touch the swingarm and still propel the bike. LOL :-) (shafties suck!)

Earl

Originally posted by focus frenzy
            loose drive chain slapping the top of the swing arm? (shafties rule!)
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
            X