Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USD Forks for GS1150

Hi everyone,

I would like to use inverted forks for my GS1150E. I have custom wheels on my bike now. Would I be able to swap the front 17" wheel to a new set up? I would like to use the forks from the 1993-1995 era. Can anyone supply info if this is doable?

Thanks!

gsxr forks

Hello
    any year of GSXR fork woll fit as long as the bearings r taperd the same as ur 1150. 1993 GSXR 1100 forks r the longest that I'm aware of at 30.5 inches I have used them on my 1981 GS1100E with a 93 GSXR wheel and speedo drive. This drive will be accurate up to 160km hr then it gets out of sink a little. the handling is much improved so that I am able to lean it over and use all of the tread width on the tyre.
    Good luck Archie

Comment

Re: USD Forks for GS1150

Originally posted by Fern
      Hi everyone,

I would like to use inverted forks for my GS1150E. I have custom wheels on my bike now. Would I be able to swap the front 17" wheel to a new set up? I would like to use the forks from the 1993-1995 era. Can anyone supply info if this is doable?

Thanks!
      what about inverted forks on a '78 gs750e? bone stock

Comment

Ever thought of using bandit 1200 forks?

Comment

Looking for a more beefier look and feel that the inverted forks offer.

Comment

I think with your raked front end you will have a real problem finding inverted forks long enough for what you want to do. Most are already 2-3 inches shorter than standard forks and the rake makes things even worse. Good luck....

Comment

Same here. I have 87 GSXR forks ( not inverted ) on my 1150 with 17`` wheels and they are good 2 inches shorter then oryginal - so you are loosing ground clearance. Raked front end makes the problem worse, with inverted forks you won`t be able to turn at all.
              Your only chance for a current front end is Bandit 1.2 or big naked Kawi 1.1 / 1.2
              These front ends look beefy enough.

Adam M.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. This will work out great as I want to drop the front end a few inches...looking for that drag look.

Comment

USD FORKS FOR GS1150

Has anyone ever tried to put inverted forks from (dare I say it) one of the new muscle cruisers on an older GS? Seems Like the status quo GSXR1100 forks are getting harder to find. These new cruisers (Marauder, VTX1800, Warrior etc) have much longer forks than the older sport bikes. Could be just the ticket for my 85 1150 ES. I want to maintain or improve my ground clearance and handling. This could be a good swap for those guys with raked front ends too .

Comment

The preference for the GSXR type stuff is because of the tuneability
                    not available on the cruisers

Comment

As well,those cruiser forks (I can't believe we're talking CRUISER FORKS!) will cost mucho $$$!

Comment

I have a bid in on some 92GSX1100G fork tubes for my 850

Comment

You are aware that the GSX1100G forks are 43mm tubes. You will need a Triple Tree from the GSX1100G or an 88 to 90 GSXR1100.

Comment

Even though they are non adjustable I have to think that they would be infinitely more rigid and more easily modified by a good suspension service. Most of these guys turn up there noses when you mention a 20 year old bike. just look at the threads on here about finding a good shock for an 1150.

Comment

Yes I'm aware That I will have to replace the tripple & brakes maybe some custon calaper adapters

Comment

Working...
                              X