No announcement yet.

USD Forks for GS1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased some USD GSXR forks for my 1150. They should arrive in about a week or two. I will also be buying the front and rear wheel. I have not decided if I will get rid of my current wheels.

As soon as I have all my parts, I will post pictures in the ?Performance Forum? of my ongoing progress

Comment

What year/model GSXR forks did you buy? Seems like the later models need custom triples or a custom mix of CBR/GSXR bits. I havent heard much on Hayabusa forks on here. They seem to be longer than GSXR (current models anyway) forks. Anybody got any measurements? Maybe a set of custom triples and a Hayabusa front end would be the golden bullet.

Comment

The forks and triples that I purchased are from a 1993 GSXR 750.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtool
          What year/model GSXR forks did you buy? Seems like the later models need custom triples or a custom mix of CBR/GSXR bits. I havent heard much on Hayabusa forks on here. They seem to be longer than GSXR (current models anyway) forks. Anybody got any measurements? Maybe a set of custom triples and a Hayabusa front end would be the golden bullet.
          I planned to install Hayabusa forks to my GS(X)1100E but I didn't found complete set, so now I'm installing a front end from Katana 600. Anyway, I did some measurements and if I remember right Hayabusa forks are about about 2.5cm (1 inch) shorter than GS1100 forks. So Hayabusa front end should be suitable replacement. Only broblem which I know are bearings, they will need some modification.

Comment

I think the entire sterring stem is different on the later GSXR's, Busa, TL's etc.

I think I have resigned myself to modeling my own dropped triple clamps and looking for a decent more modern front end. My dream is to get the front end from a newer GSXR 1000 with radial brakes, lighter wheels etc.

Comment

Working...
            X