Airbox Missing a Part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox Missing a Part?

I ordered a K&N filter for my 81 GS850G, and I've had some discussion about replacing the foam on the sides and top of the airbox. I see the foam on the sides of the box, but there is nothing above the filter except open space. Am I missing something here? And will weatherstripping do the trick for foam replacement? Thanks

it should look like this link

Comment

the wather stripping on the top is for a different air-box i believe. Just make sure no air can get in where it's not supposed to.

Comment

nope there is not anything above the filter.
        the air is drawn in through the snorkel on the back, it enters the lower chamber and is drawn through the filter into the upper chamber, or plenum and then through the rubber stacks through the carburetors into the engine.

unless you are referring to the the filter where it attach's to the plate in the middle of the air box, if so yes, you will need to seal around the filter as dirty air just goes past the filter, my bike came with that K&N filter and it laked a sealing gasket, I just made up a base gasket from weather stripping gasket that was sticky on one side.

Comment

Working...
        X