GS700E/S vs. GS750E/S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS700E/S vs. GS750E/S

hi guys, I recently purchased a 1985 gs700es, and I was wondering how similar they are the the same year gs700e, and the 750's, I heard they just toned down the cc's in order to meet some cheaper import prices for the U.S. market. I guess I'm just wondering because it's so much easier to find 750 parts then 700, thanks

I really don't know the answer to this but I'm going to guess that aside from the bore and/or stroke being different, everything else would be interchangeable. There may hardly be a difference in the bore anyway. I don't know where the cutoff is where an engine is considered a 700 or 750.

Comment

I think that the bore is the same between the 750 and the 700. The stroke has been reduced to produce the 700.

Kevan
      84 GS750

Comment

the 700 also has more agressive cams to compisate for the loss of displacement, they make close to the same power, but the 700s powerband is a bit more peaky.

electrical and nearly all hard parts will interchange between a 700e and a 750 e between the years of 83 and 85, (and possibly later for our European and Australian friends)
        the crank, rods and cams are the primary differance, and the cams for the 700 would be a good addition in the 750 for making more power.

there will be some differances in the carburator jetting.

Billy Ricks, or MotoDan among a few others are experts on the late model 700/750's

Comment

The body work is different too.

Comment

747cc vs 699cc- difference is in the stroke-bore is the same at 67mm. The bodywork is slightly different, Suzuki used slightly hotter cams, domed pistons to make up the compression loss by de-stroking and lower gearing (45 vs 43 tooth rear sprockets) to make up some of the power loss on the 700's due to the loss in displacement. The bikes are otherwise about 98% interchangable. The 750 was only brought to the US in 1983, 1984 was skipped due to the Harley tariff and 1985 brought the 700cc bikes into the US.
            These bikes were set up very lean from the factory and benefit greatly from cam and carb changes-aftermarket cams and flatslide carbs will really wake up these motors. I have had my 1983 GS750ED since new and have run many different motor combos thru the years. A good mod is to use the domed 700cc motor's pistons in the 750cc block- this will bump compression from 9.6 to 10.25 and work great with aftermarket cams. Also early GSXR flatslide carbs bolt right up to the stock intake boots. Good Luck, Ed.

Comment

Working...
            X