o-ring kits for carb rebuilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o-ring kits for carb rebuilds

hello, does anybody know if you can still get the o-ring kits from www.cycleorings listed for carb rebuilds. and has anybody used them? thanks rick 82GS750etscc

Yes the owner is a member so you can turst him completely.
    Dink

Comment

I just got a set about a week ago.. excellent service i got the o-rings in like 3 days.. and thats across a border even..

Comment

hello,thanks for the help. i sent for a kit today.i had some e-mail trouble.are these carbs hard to rebuild,i have the BS type carbs. this is my first attempt at doing this! looking foward to learning how.thanks rick

Comment

Are you the guy who's been trying to contact me? I've replied to your email question about 5 times now. My first reply (about a week ago) was rejected by your server, for some reason. I tried replying from several different domains, sort of a shotgun approach.

If all else fails, just use the Paypal link on my propaganda site, or leave me a private message here. We'll get ya fixed up.

RB

Comment

About the carb cleanup. We have an excellent resource at this site. It is http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm

It walks you through them step by step. With pictures even! I'll be rebuiding my GS850 carbs in a couple of days. It will be my first time with these carbs also. I intend to rebuild them in front of the pc, so I can referance these pages.
            You can't go wrong with Robert for the O-rings.

Comment

Don't rush the job! Just make sure to get them spotless, they cannot be too clean

Comment

Only thing I would do diferent is to treat the outside of the freshly clean carbs with some sort of a sealer. The bolts are now rusting like an old tanker. The carb dip seems to remove any protectant from the carbs too. But, the important part of the carbs, the inside, works great. I went with rebuild kits to get net jets, and robert's oring kit, since the kits are incomplete in that regard. I am very happy with the results over all.
                Patrick

Comment

hello,do you think i could use a clear spray on sealer on the outside of carbs once all rebuilt.like clear spraypaint?just an idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X