Columbus, OH GS'ers... Gasket woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columbus, OH GS'ers... Gasket woes

I need a gasket for the stator cover on my '79 GS1000. The only place I know of around me can't get one in for a week! I haven't riden in a couple of weeks and its driving me crazy! Is there a temporary fix? Anyone have any ideas? How much oil will I lose? (not really considering riding it w/out the gasket, just curious)

The reason I addressed this to columbus riders is because I want to find a shop that can actually help me. Honda Northwest sucks balls! And, yes, gcastig has warned me about them, but I figured that they would at least have a friggin' gasket in stock! Guess I should have listened to Glenn!

Please help me out

Mike

The thing to do IS make your own gasket Get a sheet of gasket material
    and trace the outline with the cover, use one of the bolts and tap it against the gasket to mark the holes and go to work with some sizzors

Comment

You should try cometic gaskets in painesville ohio. Have it shipped right to your door. I get all my 1100 gaskets there.

Comment

Totally agree with you about NW Honda.

I usually shop at Iron Pony.

A friend recently advised me that The Rice Paddy is a good place, but I haven't tried them myself.

Del

Comment

Columbus bike shops

Whenever I visit Columbus I try to stop at the Rice Paddy.
          Here is their link:

They seem to favor old Kaw's and Honda's (in that order), but its worth the visit.

Dave
          '83 1100ES
          Youngstown

Comment

Thanks guys I went to autozone and got some gasket material. Seems to be working fine so far. Yeah I'll have to check out the Rice Paddy.

Comment

Working...
            X