replaced fuel cock, got a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced fuel cock, got a problem

i recently replaced my fuel cock on my 78 gs 1000 and i get no fuel to my carbs . i need to know where the negative pressur line goes to on the carbs from the fuel cock??i have the main fuel line on and it is correct , i have two hoses from the middle of the center carbs , just hanging, going to nothing, and the hoses on the bottom of the carbs just hanging , i think those are breather hoses but not sure,i, need to know what hose goes to the fuel cock and where it connects to on the carb? and wich carb??i have a copy of the service manual but it just shoes hoses and doesnt tell where they go or exactly what they r , i know its called the hose for negative pressure for the fuel cock, can sombody PLEASE help me .....would love to go ride been working on this bike a while, thanks for anybodys help....bill

Its been a while, with a search you can find plenty of similar posts on the same subject. The large nipple between carb 2 and 3 will be your fuel line. the nipple between carb 1 and 2 will be your vacuum hose. It will have a smaller nipple. You can run a vacuum hose between nipple 1 and 4 so they wont suck in trash. worked for me. Depending on the model of 1000 you will have a small nipple off to the side of the petcock that is the vacuum line and the large nipple is the fuel out.

Comment

Look again The vacuum fitting on the petcock hooks up to the fitting on the side of the #3 carb The other hoses are vent hoses and left open NOT connected to each other

Comment

ok so the hose besid the #1 carb and #2 is a vaccume line? And the hose between #2 and #3 carb is also a vaccume line? i know the main fuel line connection, i have that already hooked up, so if i hook the negitive vaccume line from the fuel petcock to the hose beside carb#3 then what do i do with the other vaccume hose? plug it or just leave it open so it sucks abient air?

Comment

To go over it again-- WE ARE TALKING about the older slide type carbs re: 78 The #1 carb has no connection,the #2 carb has a nipple- attach a hose and route down to the rear- it is a VENT, #3 carb fitting hooks to the petcock- it is the vacuum connection. The T fitting between 2 & 3 is the fuel inlet- to the petcock. The nipple on the #4 is also a vent- route down to the rear. The nipples on the bottom of the float bowls are over flow- routed hoses down to the rear. Connecting it any other way on the STOCK set up MAY cause tuning problems. DO NOT hook the vent hoses together

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
            To go over it again-- WE ARE TALKING about the older slide type carbs re: 78 The #1 carb has no connection,the #2 carb has a nipple- attach a hose and route down to the rear- it is a VENT, #3 carb fitting hooks to the petcock- it is the vacuum connection. The T fitting between 2 & 3 is the fuel inlet- to the petcock. The nipple on the #4 is also a vent- route down to the rear. The nipples on the bottom of the float bowls are over flow- routed hoses down to the rear. Connecting it any other way on the STOCK set up MAY cause tuning problems. DO NOT hook the vent hoses together
            Correct! Word for word.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

thanks again sqdancerlynn1 u saved my a-- that worked great. much appreciated, its good to kn9ow there are people out there that know what they r talking about!! bill

Comment

Working...
              X