Online Source for Carb Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Source for Carb Parts?

Anyone know of any good sources for Mikuni carb parts? These seem to be a bit hard to find, for some reason. I want to replace the floats this winter, and OEM strikes me a rather expensive at almost $17 each.

Or maybe some ideas about how to figure out which model Mikunis are on my 83 GS850 would be a better place to start.

Links, please!
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

I would replace the needle & seat (float valve assembly) first. The floats raerly go bad Your BStype carbs are the same as the ones inthe carb cleanup series-- IN the garage forum section

Comment

Brian,

Here's a place I've used before. They weren't cheap but they had what I needed.

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Thanks, SQL, but I'm not really having a problem with float level at the moment -- I'm just getting ready to do a complete renewal of the carbs this winter and starting to squirrel away the various odds and ends I'll need.

Way back in college, I was having all kinds of problems with my elderly Mustang II caused by a deteriorated carb float. I replaced it with an awesome all-brass float that didn't suffer from the degredation issues of the foam floats.

I was kinda hoping that someone, somewhere would have something similar. Carb kits for cars come with new floats, so I'm not sure why motorcycle kits don't.

I already have a set of the o-rings. Somewhere...
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X