Tires in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires in Ontario

Any of you Canadian GS riders know of the best deals on rubber in Ontario or a good Canadian on line store?

I've also been looking for a good canadian online retailer...I don't like paying for customs when parts come from south of the border.

Whereabouts in ON are you? I just bought a new Metzeler ME550 from Two Wheel Motorsports in guelph (www.twowheelmotorsports.com) for $150CAD plus $25 for installation on the bike. The same tire retails for $140USD + shipping at DennisKirk.com so I'd say I got a reallly good deal.

Good Luck,
    Randy

p.s. That new rear tire is sooooo sweet! Wish I could put new tires on every couple months!

Comment

Thanks Randy,

I'm in Campbellville, just south of Guelph I think I will visit Two wheel and have a look. Metzeler ME550, good sport tire? I'm running with Bridgestone Spitfires (on it when I bought the bike) I'm told by the original owner that they are a good dual compound tire that will last longer than the true sport tire. Judging by the 45 degree grind on the front footpegs he has had no problems with agressive cornering :twisted:

Comment

I've only ridden about 150km with the new tire but so far I am very impressed. It had a Dunlop on it when I bought it earlier this year and I really didn't like it. No traction in the rain (my girlfriend doesn't like doing fishtails as much as I do ) and felt like a dumptruck going around corners. The tire was fairly worn but not in terrible shape. Now where ever I point my bike it goes with considerablly less effort and the bike actually has pretty decent handling now. I am also having much less trouble with grooves and cracks in the road.

The Metzeler 550 is listed as a sport touring tire although I don't believe it is a dual compound tire. Hopefully it doesn't wear to quickly because right now I am reallly really happy with it and am enjoying the big heavy 850 much more.

Two Wheel is a nice shop with a big showroom and lots of bikes to drool over its located north of guelph on highway six so its easy to find. They had my tire in two days after I ordered it...Have fun!

Comment

Working...
        X