seat question...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat question...again

Don't hate me for asking this question again, but I would really like a new seat for the gs750(can't stand the look or feel of the UJM bench).I've found one through JC Whitney, the catalog says the seat i want will fit a 750, but the online catalog only fits 550's, 850's, and 1000's. Now I'm just curious if any of you have 750's w/ aftermarket seats, my seat hinges to the left as opposed to many of which ive seen that open upward.Would any of you know if the 550 or 850 seat will bolt up to my OE seat pan?

Any info will help, as I will be taking a lenghty trip in about 2 weeks, to the ocean of the midwest...THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS!!!!!

Re: seat question...again

To the best of my knowledge, all GS models for the years 1977,1978 and 1979 had seats that were side hinged on the left. I think if you stay within those three years, the seat will fit. Keep in mind, this is an educated guess. I have not checked first hand checked the fit of all the seats made in those years.

Earl

Originally posted by hemp_1
    Don't hate me for asking this question again, but I would really like a new seat for the gs750(can't stand the look or feel of the UJM bench).I've found one through JC Whitney, the catalog says the seat i want will fit a 750, but the online catalog only fits 550's, 850's, and 1000's. Now I'm just curious if any of you have 750's w/ aftermarket seats, my seat hinges to the left as opposed to many of which ive seen that open upward.Would any of you know if the 550 or 850 seat will bolt up to my OE seat pan?

Any info will help, as I will be taking a lenghty trip in about 2 weeks, to the ocean of the midwest...THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS!!!!!
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

If it fits a GS550, it will fit a GS750. The seats are interchangeble.

Comment

I would like to update/change the seat on my '79 GS750E also, but am having trouble trying to find a comfortable one. I really like the ability to slide forward and back to change my seating position on the bench-type seat, but all the aftermarket seats I see are either fixed position (too far to the front for me) or exact iterations of the original. I'm beginning to think my only solution for long distance riding is Anti-Monkeybutt Powder. Of course, the fact that I weigh 260 and am 5'11" tall might have something to do with it.

Harrison

Comment

Re: seat question...again

The seat for the 79 GS750L hinges on the right. I would love to put a flat seat on mine, but the pans are totally different.

Originally posted by earlfor
          To the best of my knowledge, all GS models for the years 1977,1978 and 1979 had seats that were side hinged on the left. I think if you stay within those three years, the seat will fit. Keep in mind, this is an educated guess. I have not checked first hand checked the fit of all the seats made in those years.

Comment

You can send the seat to Corbin and they will be glad to customize your set for you, at a price. But as I understand they do a great job.

Comment

Working...
            X