will 850g gas tank fit on a L model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will 850g gas tank fit on a L model?

howdy all, im still working on my 80 850L. and im looking for some info. is there a big difference in g and L frames. i see some cosmetic differences. but when it comes to bare bones are they that different.

i would like to switch body parts. but i was told the seats are different.
    i really only want to switch out the forks and tank. but i m guessing they are not compatible.

so far i have put on a new travelcade seat cover. i lowered the foam abit.ive put on some drag bars and new grips. a pair of small drag ness mirrors. it has a 4 into 1 kerker. ive put on a new front tire and a national f-16 mini shield. the bike looks pretty good. im also making a gs 750 tail fairing fit the bike. ive gotten ride of the chrome fenders.
    my 850L.
    and apic of my bikes, 94 yammy yzf750r. 92 electraglide and my 850L
    [/url]
    sorry bout the big pics. that my nova wagon im still buiding.in the garage.

RE: will 850g gas tank fit on a L model?

Drive train wise I think the G and GL are virtually identical. To my knowledge the tanks are not interchangeable. Here are the basic differences between the G and GL

G GL
    Flatter Handlebars Buckhorn Bars
    Larger Capacity Fuel Tank 4.5 Gallon tank
    Plastic Fenders w/integrated tail light Chrome Fenders
    Plain Shocks Chromed Shocks/Springs
    Flatter Saddle Large step between rider/
    passenger

Comment

Nope. The tanks don't interchange. They're a different shape and they bolt to the frame differently at the back of the tank.

I think diesel is right on target. The drive train is very similar, but I think the wheels are different. The electrical is mostly the same. The frame, seat, tank, guages, forks, shocks, etc. are different.

Comment

They(G tanks) can be made to fit with minimal (but some modification)

Mo

Comment

Razorburn,

Can you post some "after" pics showing the changes you've already made? I'm nudging my '79 GS750L in the cafe direction and I'd love to see your mods.

Thanks,
          Graeme

Comment

Working...
          X