Fork Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Springs

How many of you have ever changed fork springs? If you own a big bore, I have a few questions...

What brand did you buy?
    Progressive or straight rate?
    What rate did you purchase (1.05 KG, 1.0, .95 etc)?
    What do you use the bike for (sport, tour, commute, combo)?
    and finally, How much do you weigh?

This really only relates to GS1000's on up to the 1150's.
    Thank you
    Kenny

Progressive suspension is the brand to buy for fork springs. I think their are several shims that come with the springs to fine tune them

Comment

Right. Progressive is the brand name. I just replaced my fork springs a month or so ago along with their shocks . Just so you know, they ARE "progressively wound" springs and you don't have a choice as to what "weight" springs they are. Unlike their shock springs which they offer in a wide range of weights depending on your weight and type of riding and so forth.
      Also, it depends on which model you're buying them for as to wheather or not they need spacers or shims. (Mine didn't... '82 1100EZ) I weigh 245 lbs and I really like how my bike rides now. What a difference!!

Comment

Yes, what Jeff said. Progressive springs and new fork seals this spring. I use my bike for everything, commute mostly but also for sport and tour when I have time. I weigh about 170. Bike 84 1150 ES.
        Doze.

Comment

Working...
        X