Interesting clutch problem (notGS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting clutch problem (notGS)

Sorry about this flow of non GS questions, but you guys know more than any forum

On my maxim 700 I changed the oil, and I found that the oil that was in it was mostly gas. Well since I've put in the regular oil the clutch seems to stick in. When I pull in the clutch and put it into gear it just lurches forward and stalls. The clutch cable is pulling down on the crank case end. It goes down to the crank case and pulls a spring loaded lever mounted on the case. Now when I put it on the centerstand SOMETIMES it will not stall, it will just go into gear from idle and the tire will rotate slightly, then I can stop the tire with the rear break and it will work fine for a few mins, I can take it off the stand and ride off as usual, but after I stop riding for a few minutes it goes back to the original problem. Any takers?

OH NO

Sounds like it is time for some new fiber plates and a lite sanding and cleaning of the steels

Comment

The gas can soak into the clutch plates and not allow any oil in. The only remidie is to replace them or at least take them out and soak in oil overnight

Comment

Thanks guys! Now I gotto figure out how to get the things outa there 8O

Comment

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

I just did one on my Kat ...take your time and it is really not too difficult.

Comment

Working...
          X