Looking for a bike with less than 29 in seat height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a bike with less than 29 in seat height

I am looking for a GS with a seat height adjustable to or set at 29in or below... Anyone have anyideas? I lokoed at several sites but most heights arent listed..The bike will be for someone 4'-11" Thanks y'all

I think my KAWA 600 eliminator had a 29 inch seat hieght. The bike came out in the 80s and then again in the 90s. they are easy to ride even for a learner and fast as can be in the 1/4 mile.
    They are puseycats with a nice easy throttle and plenty of low end torque just for blooping around town.

Comment

HMM I know we had lookedat one some time ago.. I had her on a 600r(lowered) but she didnt fel comfortable.. She rode a 250r Ninja felt the best on it but felt that if she were to unba,ance at some point(i.e. backing) shed go over.She really likes the MEANSTREAK but wants a sport bike soooooo.. Ill just have to keep my eyes and ears open. Have anyothers?

Comment

A Honda 250 Rebel and a Suzuki 750 Intruder have short seat heights. My ex is 5'2" and rode both of these bikes with no problems. 8)
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Re: Looking for a bike with less than 29 in seat height

I took the seatcover off the front section of the seat on my 85 1150E and after making a height guide to run/slide my hot wire cutter along, I cut 2 1/2 inches off the foam surface of the seat. Then, with an air stapler, I reattached the seatcover. The seat height of my 1150 is 28" now. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by bybowtie
          I am looking for a GS with a seat height adjustable to or set at 29in or below... Anyone have anyideas? I lokoed at several sites but most heights arent listed..The bike will be for someone 4'-11" Thanks y'all
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Earl! You're back! We thought you had blown away! Glad to see 'ol Chucky didn't get ya'!
            Kevin
            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Your trying Earl ..lol Now I just have to find another LOL I have 3 moths to get it done...Any takers?

Comment

Nah, missed. Better luck next time. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
                Earl! You're back! We thought you had blown away! Glad to see 'ol Chucky didn't get ya'!

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

But Keith, an 1150 is the perfect girlie bike. Small, quiet, light and easy to ride. Just a nice little scooter for the missus. :-)

Earl

Your trying Earl ..lol Now I just have to find another LOL I have 3 moths to get it done...Any takers?

Comment

wanna sell yours? Ill be down in october to get it

Comment

Uhhhh, let me think on that one. :-) :-) :-)

OK, I've thought about it.

...........NO.................

Earl :-)

wanna sell yours? Ill be down in october to get it

Comment

Jeesh!

Comment

Jeesh!

Comment

This site may help you...

Comment

The seat height on a GS450GA is 29 inches. The person wouldn't have to shift, either. Nor mess with a chain. Nick would be pleased.

Comment

Working...
                              X