need brake help....please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need brake help....please help

ok, i having front brake problems. i rebuilt the rt. caliper (in the midst i emptied the entire system of fluid)....i cant seem to fill up the calipers, i primed the master cylinder, then proceded to bleed the system by attaching a clear tube to each bleeder valve (one at a time) pump brake for a while, then loosen valve watch air escape...im not getting anywhere, i'v spent nearly 4 hours working on this and i dont get it...what am i doing wrong, im ready to take it into the shop....???????

ps. on the left caliper i can hear air escaped from hose coming off bleeder valve and feel pressure but do not see any fluid today...however got fluid yesterday morning?

Are you closing the bleed valve before you release the brake lever? Otherwise it will just suck air back in. If your system is empty it would probably be easier to fill it from the bottom up using a siphon pump or something similar.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jiggles
      Are you closing the bleed valve before you release the brake lever? Otherwise it will just suck air back in. If your system is empty it would probably be easier to fill it from the bottom up using a siphon pump or something similar.

Jeff
      yup, brake lever is pulled in....with a siphon pump i would be able to fill from the bleeder valve into the caliper...this seems appealing, could you expand on the precise precudure.

thanks

Comment

Jeff is correct. You cannot leave the bleeder open when releasing the brake lever. You have to:
        1. Open the bleeder.
        2. Pull the brake lever in all the way and hold.
        3. Close the bleeder.
        4. Release the brake lever.
        Repeat this as many times as necessary.

I recently replaced all my brake lines and I had to fill the front master cylinder 8-10 times before I had all the air out of the lines. Or you can try a vacuum bleeder. You connect the hose of the vacuum bleeder to the bleeder valve, pump it up to create a vacuum, open the bleeder and let it suck the fluid through the system. I ordered one of these yesterday: http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDi...lookup=MIT4000

Why didn't I get one of these BEFORE I changed my brake lines? Because I'm a DOPE?

Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

When I changed my lines I bought a crude bulb-style siphon pump and placed the "in" side in the brake fluid (freshly opened), filled the bulb and hoses, and put the "out" side on the bleed nipple. I opened the valve and loosened the banjo at the master cylinder and started pumping. I think that I had to close the bleed valve when refilling the siphon bulb.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X