whinner goes bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whinner goes bye bye

Well after trying to figure out what has been whinning in my gs1000L I have come to the conclusion that the tranny is on its way out looking at all the problems that plague these things I have decide that its time to get rid of it and part this thing out so look for a lot of real nice parts on e-bay for a 79 GS1000L

gee I hate to see a GS go, couldn't you at least ride it til it bites the big one? (as long as it's not hazardous, that is...) mine has a whine to it, always seems to have... maybe it's just supposed ta?

Comment

take it outside and do a mean burnout first. :twisted:

Comment

whinner

I don't trust it not to lock up, its ok the first 15 miles and every mile after that it just gets louder and louder, not worth the money to fix these old dogs, its time to go back to yammi's this was my first suzuki out of at least 20 some bikes I have owned, and with its low mileage, and care its had, it sure has proved to be a lemon, right along side of the new AMF sporster that I bought that was a bigger piece of crap, and sold it asap, its a shame cause the GS bike handles nice,

Comment

So is it just the tranny?
          How is everything infront of and behind said transmission?

You thought about a price?

How far away are you?

Come on man , fill me in...

Rico

Comment

25 years on a tranny is not bad

Comment

Sorry to hear about your tranny and it being your first GS experience. It may have been run low on oil at one time. I've owned and riden AMFs, Evolutions, Yamahas, and others. Most GSs, once you straighten out the fuel/air intake, and charging system, you have a strong running bike for many years. Maybe you'll be back around some day. We'll still be here with our GSs.

Comment

tranny

Rico the bike is very clean, but to get my money back out of it, I will have to part it out, I could sell it as a great running bike cause the first 15 miles it makes no noise but my carma would turn bad on me so Iam parting it out

Comment

Gee,
                  It's all for the best. While I want anouther big bore GS, that L model is just to "laid back cruiser" for me. My E model is as grandpa-ish as I can handle. Just had to ask.....

Hope I don't need parts any time soon But I hope you get your money out of it.

Rico

Comment

gs1000

It was a cruiser but with K&N bars restyled seat and Koni's it is no long a cruiser style, but more like a KZ 900 in that its now a sit up style bike the buck horn bars and humpper seat looked and felt stupid

Comment

Working...
                    X