Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know where I can order a custom throttle cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know where I can order a custom throttle cable?

Anybody know where I can order a custom length throttle cable? I put superbike bars on the 1000 and the throttle cable is simply way too long. I need about 6 inches shorter.

the hard part is getting the right barrel ends.

for the formula car we used gokartsupply.com or something like that to get a cable. search for gokartsuppy and see if you find anything.

~Adam

Comment

You might be able to make one with what you've got. The throttle cable doesn't have much tension on it unless you really like to hold on tight at wide open. All you'll need to do is find a bolt on/crimp on end for whichever end you decide to shorten.

Steve

Comment

i put different bars on my gs 750 and called dennis kirk . i explained to them what i did and that i needed a shorter throttle and clutch cable... i told them the model and how much shorter of a cable i needed. the rep i got was really really helpful. she looked up other suzuki cables that would match the lenght i needed and the barrel, etc. i ended up buying a different cable(S) for the gs that was actually for another model suzuki but just so happens it was shorter and fits perfectly.... cheap too- compared to a dealer price....

if i were u i wouldcall DK .( the tech suport number 320-358-4793) if u have any trouble email me and i will look up my sales receipt with the number. i'm sure the cable lenght i bought would work for your gs too. good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X