Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS 750E Exhaust questions..

Hey everyone

I was thinking of putting a 4 into 1 jardine exhaust on my bike (81 gs 750 E). Is this a good idea? Will I need to rejet? And is it going to be ignorantly loud. I love the stock exhaust but I need a new exhaust due to rot and the stock setup is so expensive. A few deals on ebay with aftermarket..

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Rich
    Rboisvert@charter.net

You will probably have to re-jet. Jardine made a quality exhaust system that was not loud and performed well. They were the cutting edge before Kerker, V&H, Yoshi, Supertrapp, and all the new manufacturers came on the scene.

Hap

Comment

You might be lucky and not need to rejet. If you're getting it anyway seeing as the stockers are rotting, try it for a bit and see how it runs.

Comment

Hey Guys thanks for the info I did order the Jardine 4 into 1 exhaust and I will see how it goes. I will keep you posted on the jetting situation.

Thanks
        Rich

Comment

If you install a 4 into 1, & you don't need to rejet, the pipe hasn't caused the bike to breath better. Installing a good quality pipe will always require rejetting.

Comment

Originally posted by richyzfr1000
            Hey Guys thanks for the info I did order the Jardine 4 into 1 exhaust and I will see how it goes. I will keep you posted on the jetting situation.

Thanks
            Rich
            I didn't know Jardine still made pipes for the Suzuki GS. Where did you find them?

Hap

Comment

I just bought a 1981 Suzuki GS750E yesterday and it has a 4/1 Vances and Hines header with baffle and a single KN filter in stock box. I was wondering if anyone knows what main jets that this could use (stock ones are still in and running lean) and possible pilots? I have a 1980 1100E and know what jets/pilots to replace in it, but have never jetted a 750E.

Comment

I would start around 140 and go from there. It's probably a little on the rich side but you could lean it out from there. You just have to pick something and try it. Read the plugs and see where you need to go.

So 140 plus one up on the pilot jet. And read those plugs...

Comment

Re: 81 GS 750E Exhaust questions..

Originally posted by richyzfr1000
                  Hey everyone

I was thinking of putting a 4 into 1 jardine exhaust on my bike (81 gs 750 E). Is this a good idea? Will I need to rejet? And is it going to be ignorantly loud. I love the stock exhaust but I need a new exhaust due to rot and the stock setup is so expensive. A few deals on ebay with aftermarket..

Any help would be appreciated
                  Thanks
                  Rich
                  Rboisvert@charter.net
                  Generally, for a quality 4-1 pipe install only, you go up one full size (5) on the mains.
                  The main that gives you the highest top speed is usually the best choice.
                  If you can do so safely, after installing the pipe, go for a top speed run and note it on your speedo. Then install the larger mains and do the same run again under the same conditions.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I found the Jardine exhaust on ebay (cycle therapy). It is brand new. Paid $210 for it. I plan on installing tonight and bringing it to a good friend of mine who used to be the chief mechanic at a local honda dealer. He has worked on these bikes for years and hopefully he can point me in the right direction for new jet size.

Comment

I recently put a Jardine 4-1 on my 550. My old chrome one was rusting out bad. I too was worried about noise and jetting. But to be honest, I have not had to re-jet and the noise is a touch louder but its not too loud. It actually sounds nicer; a bit more sportier. I love it alot and it has added some preformance to it: revs alot better now.

Comment

Nice, I hope that is the case for me as well..

Comment

So far so good with the Jardine 4 into 1 exhaust, no rejeting needed as far as I can tell. Pipe sounds great, it is not too loud but sounds and looks killer. Instilation was a snap. Just thought I would post a reply and let you know how this exhaust is working on my 81 GS 750 E.. Thanks for all the great help.

Comment

Working...
                          X