Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank goodness it's back!! now I can ask my wiring quest!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank goodness it's back!! now I can ask my wiring quest!!!

so I am starting to wonder how hard would it be to swap the wiring around on the turn signal generator so that instead of blinking them on only when I'm turning and leaving them off, it blinks them off when I'm turning and leaves them on constantly?? would this put too much drain on the R/R? anybody done it?

I talked to one fellow who said just get the two wire bulb, but I have only the single setup and don't really want to rewire the whole darn thing, but if I could just cross a couple wires, why not!! (because it may burn out the rest of my components, but that's why I'm asking first!!)

Thanks in advance, and welcome back!!!

D'oh!! thanks man!

so you say two, one for each side, meaning it goes one for each signal stalk? sorry to be dense here, but I'm a chemist, not an electrical engineer... do I need to add a power in for that as well? using the brown aux wire perhaps?

thanks for the help, how's the new digs??

Comment

Yep, one for each side. Basically, you take the wire currently going to the lamp and connect it to terminal 85, that's now the trigger. Run a wire from 86 to ground, that completes the circuit for the trigger. Run a fused wire from a switched sourcce to terminal 30. A final wire from 87a to the lamp gets you there. 87a is normally closed, 87 is normally open. When you turn on the ignition, the front turn signal lights should come on. Operating the turn signal switch will cause the relay to switch to terminal 87 (unconnected), the front light will go off, the rear comes on, back and forth, blinkity blink.

We're moving again. Been here two months, wife's having surgery for a hernia in December, hates two story houses. Moving this weekend.

Comment

sweet!! that should do it! thanks for the rundown, and best of luck to your wife.

Comment

Working...
        X