Speed bleeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed bleeders

Hey all..and welcome back! What's the scoop on speed bleeders? They sound like a fairly good option...do they work as advertised? Is one brand better than another? Do they leak? I've seen "Speed Bleeder", Russell, High Performance, Goodridge, etc. Thanks to all.

By the way, I don't need directions on how to bleed my brakes without them.... 'cause I already know all about that; I just thought they sound pretty good and would make it easy to change my brake fluid more often than I might, otherwise!
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

I installed Russell speedbleeders when I installed their SS lines. They work fine.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

speed bleeders

would like to install them myself chucky...but how do they work ? :?

Comment

Re: speed bleeders

Originally posted by bobo
        would like to install them myself chucky...but how do they work ? :?
        You open them up about a 1/4 turn and pump away until the air's out, then you close it. They have a one-way valve.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Keith...I'm going to put them on when I install my new brake lines. Bobo...as Keith says you just open them up 1/4, or so, and there's a spring loaded ball bearing inside that goes up and down allowing air out...but not back in. 8)
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Wow! Major Relief! After reading the title I thought for sure this thread was going to be about an organ donor who met his maker! ...just kidding

Steve 8)

Comment

Speed Bleeders

CC, I have them on my 86 Concours and they work a treat. My 81 GS750EX is next...

Comment

Working...
              X