Non starting GS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non starting GS.

If I am getting fuel into the cylinders does that mean that the carbs are not blocked? Bike was running 3 months ago. Also can I change the carbs from my 85GS850 and fit them to my 78GS850 as they use a different design. Appreciate the help guys

Jim

What do you mean by "fuel into the cylinders" Do you mean leaking fuel into the cylinders or thru normal operation. If you mean by normal operation then they are more than likly not blocked or clogged. The carb change may be able to happen but you may have to change a couple of brackets around. I have a set of BS 32 SS Mikunis from a 84 GS 750 ES on my 81 GS 850 GL. They were the same carbs except for a couple of brackets. There could be several other reasons your bike is not starting but we would need some more information to figure out why its not starting.

Comment

the carbs are not directly interchangeable 78-79 use slide type and the intake mounting on the cyl heads are different. I would think they could be adapted. You would also need to modify the airbox connectors to fit best bet would be to keep the originals depending on your mechanical skills

Comment

Slides and VC carbs have different intakes.

Need more info. Even if fuel is getting through, it may not be through the right carb circuit or in the right amounts. Does this mean it is flooding (all plugs wet?) Indicates carb circuit, ignition problem, sticking float etc etc problems

Comment

Working...
        X