gs650 petcock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs650 petcock question

On my gs650, there is a pri, on, and res. setting. I know this is a newbie question, but could someone explain the difference between the 'on' setting and what i assume is the 'primary' setting? From what I can tell, the bike seems to run the same regardless.

-Brad

the "ON" position is indeed on, the "PRI" is NOT primary, it is prime, it allows fuel to flow regardless, whereas the the "ON" and "RES" only flow fuel when the motor is running, hence supply the vacuum to open the fuel valve.
    Dink

Comment

So what are the implications from running with it set to prime? Have I been causing harm to my bike by having it set there? I got the bike earlier this summer and thats what it set to. I didn't think about till more recently that perhaps 'pri' wasn't primary...

Comment

You will do it no harm at all, provided your carb needle & seats are in good condition and are sealing, if one piece a rubbish gets into one of them you do run the risk of filling your crankcase with fuel overnight,this is the only down side.
        Dink

Comment

Working...
        X