Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help guys! I've got an 1100 crank problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help guys! I've got an 1100 crank problem.

We thought my brother had a transmission problem. We split the cases and found all the bearings good. While getting it ready to put back together I grabbed ahold of the main bearings. The ones in the middle next to the timeing chain. I was able to move the race off of the bearing by just moving it with my hand. The race itself looked as though it had been moving, not round and round but up and down though, it just looked like it was loose in there. The outer bearings did not have any markings on them. I looked at the manual we have and the manual showed them inspecting the bearings inside of these by moving the race off and inspecting the bearings. I think both of these bearings are bad? Has anybody had any experince with this kind of problem. Am I over reacting about being able to move the bearing races? Som other info the head and pistons and cylinders are still on this thing.[/i]HHHHHEEEELLPPPP!!! We gotta get this thing goning before next month.

If you have doubts send it to APE or falicon. I have seen many mains go out on 1100/1150`s.

Comment

What kind of money are we talking Chris?

Comment

Anybody else got any ideas?

Comment

Re: Help guys! I've got an 1100 crank problem.

Originally posted by sexton7z
          Am I over reacting about being able to move the bearing races? :?
          Yes. The three cranks I have all do this. There is nothing to stop them moving laterally. The pins in the top half of the case stop them from moving - the pins are there aren't they?

Comment

The motor is upside down and the crank is still in the top halve of the motor. Is the top halve where the crank is now? Cause the bottom halve thats off of the motor doesn't have any dowls on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sexton7z
              The motor is upside down and the crank is still in the top halve of the motor. Is the top halve where the crank is now? Cause the bottom halve thats off of the motor doesn't have any dowls on it.
              Yes. If you can turn the outer races you should be able to find their pin holes. If you can turn and move them I would guess that the pins are missing - lift the crank a little and have a look. Keep the crank parallel to the case half and don't let the piston rings come out of the bores.

Comment

Sorry i didn`t check back sooner. You have line up pins in the cases as described to you. Same goes for the tranny also. BE CAREFUL. I misunderstood your first post. Yes they will spin as you said. The easiest way I could hear a bad bearing was put the crank in a shop vat and clean it well. You can really hear a bad bearing when it spins dry of oil. You can also see how the inner race is wearing. The main next to the clutch is very bad to go out. As far as price it depends what falicon has to do....but they do nothing cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X