Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are my ground wires?

I wans't able to find the answer in a search, so:
    -where are the grounds on my bike and how do I check them?

It's a GS1150, and what I think is the ground coming off the batt -ve appears to run down and then back up into the back end of the crankcase. Does that sound right? And how many are there, anyway, I thought you'd only need one?

Sorry; I do my best with electrical, but I may as well be looking at a bowl of spaghetti.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; they should sell modified Clymer/Haynes manuals for people like me. On every page there would be a picture of the entire bike with a big arrow pointing at where to find what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Re: Where are my ground wires?

Originally posted by fast eddie
    I wans't able to find the answer in a search, so:
    -where are the grounds on my bike and how do I check them?

It's a GS1150, and what I think is the ground coming off the batt -ve appears to run down and then back up into the back end of the crankcase. Does that sound right? And how many are there, anyway, I thought you'd only need one?

Sorry; I do my best with electrical, but I may as well be looking at a bowl of spaghetti.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; they should sell modified Clymer/Haynes manuals for people like me. On every page there would be a picture of the entire bike with a big arrow pointing at where to find what I'm supposed to be looking for.
    The battey ground usually does just what you described. You should buy a book for your yesr bike. even one of thre haynes or clymers is better than nothing.

Comment

So where does that ground wire go when it snakes inside the crankcase? Why not just wire it into the frame 3" away? Is there any reason I should/should not try doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie
        So where does that ground wire go when it snakes inside the crankcase? Why not just wire it into the frame 3" away? Is there any reason I should/should not try doing that?
        Just run another wire to the frame and clean the place where you run the wire. solder the ends of the wire also.

Comment

Working...
        X