Breaking the Crank Case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking the Crank Case.

Other than screwdrivers (we've already broken 3), what can I use to split the crank case? This is on the Kawasaki CSR350

Rubber mallet?

Comment

Re: Breaking the Crank Case.

Originally posted by TookiTooki
      Other than screwdrivers (we've already broken 3), what can I use to split the crank case? This is on the Kawasaki CSR350
      Are you sure you have all the bolts and plates removed? If you're breaking screwdrivers, somethings wrong. :?
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Re: Breaking the Crank Case.

Spanners and sockets.

Comment

2nd on kevins response, got to be the hidden one you cannot see right away...

Comment

We looked for 20 minutes for all the bolts and (agh! More phillips screws) and even consulted the service manual. There are only 2 pry points and no more hidden bolts. Expand on the rubber mallet idea, where should I be pounding the sucker?

Comment

We looked for 20 minutes for all the bolts and (agh! More phillips screws) and even consulted the service manual. There are only 2 pry points and no more hidden bolts. Expand on the rubber mallet idea, where should I be pounding the sucker?

just give it a couple of good whacks on the upper portion of the head, this should break the lower half loose, if in fact you do have all of the bolts out....i was splittng the cases on a buddies marauder the other day and found out a special tool was needed to split the jugs...it still sits in pieces in the garage...but, of course, it's a v-twin..not a trusty 4

Comment

Tooki, did you make any progress? The guide pins can rust and seize in place after a few years, but don't assume that's all it is. You should be getting a little clearance on at least one side if everything's loose. What part of Illinois are you in?

Comment

The pros would apply some heat. You might need to see your dealer on this.

Comment

Working...
                  X