Easy way to clear one carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy way to clear one carb?

I know what I should do is remove the entire bank of carbs and clean all of them as shown in the Garage section of our GSR site! But!!! Is there an easy way to bring number the (from the left) carb back to life through the airbox without taking it completely appart? Comments welcome by this lazy GSer!!!
    GY

PS: basics: gets power!, but no fire in the hole... running on three! GS850GLZ! Yea, it's my wife's bike that not ridden as much as mine!

Something I've tdone on occasion after my bike sits for long periods is dump in some fuel injector cleaner and then if you can, remove the airbox, fire up the bike and slide a piece of stiff cardboard over the intake after you rev up the motor. the vacuum will suck crud out of the jets. Keep your hand away from directly behind the intake in case of a spit back thru the carb which can be painful. This has helped me out a couple of times and I still do it sometimes just for the heck of it. If it still won't run then it's tear down time.

Comment

I should have added this may only work if it is a CARB problem. Could be an ignition problem.

Comment

Jeff, thanks for the tip, I'll try it and see! Am difinately getting electricity to the plug!
        GY

Comment

Probably not. I would loosen the bowl drain plug first. If you get no fuel flowing then you will definatly need to do a good cleaning.

Comment

Working...
          X