GS 750 Triple Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 750 Triple Disc

I want to convert the single front disc/rear drum brake configuration on my 1983 GS750T model to tripple disc... does anyone know if the forks and brakes from a 1983 GS750 ES model will be a direct swap? If not, what models should I look for to get the needed stuff to do this?

Clay

Might be less hassle to get an 80-82 E or L model if you want to stay with a 19" front wheel.

Comment

No they won't. The 83 750 was a monoshock type bike. That is important because you're going to need everything from the swingarm pivot shaft back. Including wheel.

The front end should swap with no problem as long as you use the whole thing from steering stem down.

An easier route would be to get the parts from an 80 or 81 GS 750 or 1100 with triple discs. The forklegs will swap meaning you can pull the right fork lower and swap it out. Everything else from your bike stays. You will need to get BOTH calipers and hangers from the donor bike. The twin disc models had a slightly smaller O.D. than the single discs. Swap front wheels and master cylinders and your done.

For the rear buy the whole rear end from the donor bike and swap it. Bonus points are awarded for getting an aluminum swingarm from the 80 - 81 GS1100. You will have to drill out the swingarm pivot holes on your frame, but you will be rewarded with a much firmer rear end. It's like a fanny lift for your ride....

Take all of this for what it is: FREE ADVICE. It always pays to do your own research. I'm sure I left something out somewhere. 'k....

Good luck

Comment

Thanks

I was looking around this morning and found a GS/GSXR swap...this sounds interesting. I was going to sell the bike but it looks like I'll keep it for awhile now that I've decided to swap the suspension. Thanks for the info.

Clay

Comment

another Dual disc conversion question

I have a similar question about converting a single disc to a dual disk front end. I have a GS750A which is a GS750B with a single disc. I understand it was build pre-1977 although it is a 1977 model. Anywhy, I want to keep my wire wheel and add the second disc. I have a parts 1982 GS850G which seems to have the exact same forks as my 750.

Sooo... can I move the 850 rotors, calipers, right fork, master cylinder over to the 750 with the wire wheel?

I will love the answer to this question!!!

Michael

Comment

Raised from the dead.

Can anyone answer this question? I think I remember seeing a post about this conversion, I just can't seem to find it.
            Thanks.
            MT
            p.s. I have a 77 GS750e.

Comment

Working...
            X