Exhaust diameter for slip-on canisters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust diameter for slip-on canisters?

Due to budget contraints and a love of welding I want to re-work my old 4 into 1. Believe me, it needs it - road rash, dents and sump access issues. I'm going to buy some straight tube and mandrel bends and fab it up. The pipes from the head down to the bottom of the engine are in good condition so I will re-use those.

Anyway, what is the diameter that would work with most slip-on cans? ATM I have 38mm(1.5") pipes that collect into a 57mm(2.25") pipe. I was using a crappy 750 OEM can.

Thanks

Ben

Anyone?

Comment

Measurements

Well I've got mine all apart now. Give me a minute and I'll measure the pipe? Do you want the O.D. of the 4 to 1 or the I.D. of the can?

Comment

Re: Measurements

Originally posted by ozron
        Well I've got mine all apart now. Give me a minute and I'll measure the pipe? Do you want the O.D. of the 4 to 1 or the I.D. of the can?
        Both please. They should be pretty close to the same anyway.

Comment

My Jardine 4-1 header has a 2.25" OD at the tail and uses a Jardine can that came with it. Can't speak for other aftermarket cans though. Most of the big names' websites have dimensions on them, and you can get a fairly wide range of ID sizes on slip-on cans. And if you love welding you will be able to make mounts for a nice modern sportbike can.

Comment

Measurements

Ok her we go From the 4-1 to the short pipe before the can is 51mmOD slips into 51.5mm ID. The Can itself has a 57.5mm ID and 57mm OD The brand name of my exhaust is Formula 1 I don't know if it is only in Australia or is world wide. Anyway I hope this is some help.

Comment

Re: Measurements

Originally posted by ozron
              Ok her we go From the 4-1 to the short pipe before the can is 51mmOD slips into 51.5mm ID. The Can itself has a 57.5mm ID and 57mm OD The brand name of my exhaust is Formula 1 I don't know if it is only in Australia or is world wide. Anyway I hope this is some help.
              Yes - very helpful. Same with benbottles. Thanks!

I was born in Perth and spend most of my life there.

Comment

Working...
              X