Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEED HELP! I am wiring up a 82 gs 850 gl front forks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP! I am wiring up a 82 gs 850 gl front forks!

I am wiring up the front forks and all the wiring behind the light was toasted as it was in front of my uncles garage when it burnt down including 80 percent of all his belongings, so i am trying to get this bike back together after buying a parts bike, a 81 gs 850 i took the good front forks and all including the wirking, off and stuck it on the 82 now all that is left for wiring on the 82 is the groop of wires that ran to the back of the light , and the wires from the 81 on the fork i changed over, so what i need to do is wire them together is there anything i can do to find out where the wires go, or why there is so many wires of the same color, and just , what HAS TO BE WIRED UP for it to run and drive? please let me know at my email if possible and we would greatly appreciate any helP!
    thanks
    derrick
    derrickdrinkwine@hotmail.com

Put em all together.

Most of the time if the wires are the same color they go together.
    I.E. a certain wire from the harness may connect to the right controls, left controls, tach light, and so on. I have the same bike as you so I'll look into mine and see where every thing goes. I'll send you an e-mail with the instructions. Give me a few days.

Chris.

Comment

Sent you email--

Comment

thanks eneryone

keep posting i am still trying to figure this mess out!
        derrick

Comment

wiring diagram

I'll scan and send you a picture of the wiring diagram for your bike. Hope it will help you out and get the old girl on the road again.

Comment

How do you want it???

Well I have scanned the diagram for you but the email on here won't let me send it to you. So I'm going to need another email address to send it to.

Comment

KISS

Sorry all but it really seems like you're making this more difficult than it is. I've had the wires in and out of those buckets bunches of times

It's practically impossible to make a bad connection of the wires that connect inside the headlight bucket. Sure there's lots of wires and lots of connectors but the connectors are color (colour form some of you) coded keyed, and have different numbers of connectors. I don't recall any of the connectors that can be cross connected. If you start working from the biggest connector down to the smallest you should only be able to get them all connected, leaving a modest number of bullet connectors. Connect the bullet connectors based on the wire colors. If multiple wires look close to the same color check to see if one has a tracer (a stripe of a different color running the length of the wire).

Two notes:

You'll probably have at least one double or tripple bullet socket (female) type connector. That bullet gets a number of black wires two of which should be the ground wires coming from the turn signals.

I could be wrong but if I recall correctly the wires from the signals are all black wires make sure you plug the correct wire, the ones tied to the big ground lug at the turn signals.

By this point you should only have a couple wires left. The hots to the turn signals and maybe the horn. You should be able to figure the few remaining wires with a multimeter or trial and error.

John Sears

Comment

Hope you got it

Hi Derrick
                Hope you got the email I sent. And most of all I hope the diagram helps alittle with your problem. I'm going to rewire my 1000G while I have it all apart. With the Diagrams at least I have a shot at getting it right.

Comment

How do you insert an image into this

Hey anyone know how to insert an image in this forum??

Comment

Working...
                  X