yet anopther problem with my 81 550L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet anopther problem with my 81 550L

ok here is whats up. i had my bike fixed and running perfect after all these months of work. then what happens. my friend (who is liscenced and owns 2 bikes of his own) rides it right into the curb before he even gets out of the cul de sac and flies over the handelbars. now he has two broken ribs and my bike isnt running. i am not sure exactly what the problem is. the bike fell on its right side and the ignition cover got cracked. i just got a new cover today and i cant get it on. im not very experienced w/ bikes but ill do my best to explain the problem. first i removed the old cover. under it was a long screw that was not really screwed into anything. it is in a hole but when i turn the screw, it doesnt go anywhere. it wont screw in and since it wont screw in the screw sticks out to far to get the new cover on.i cant figure out how the old cover fit with the screw like this, and i am not really sure if any of this has anything to do with my bike not starting. the engine just wont turn over when i try to start it. i hope this was all clear enough. any help would be great. thanx again.
    bret

bump
    HELP!!!

Comment

bump again.
      will someone please help me. i move in a week and i want this fixed before i go.

Comment

When you say wont turn over at all?? like it is seized?? it sounds like you may have a bent crank??? 8O

Comment

i am really new to motorcycels to i dunno if it is seized or not. can u explain a wasy for me to check if there is a bent crank? is it something i could fix on ym own?

Comment

Working...
          X