cam chain question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam chain question

did anyone ever come across a cam chain with a master link?I called some place (biker barn) & the said they have one (DID chain with a master link(.But i called DID & the said NONE of there chains have master links.I also found Biker Barn is BAD place from this site , so i wouldnt trust them anyways :roll: So am i going to HAVE to tear this whole girl down to replace her timing chain ?
    thanks for the help
    Vinny

The only way to do this without tearing the whole engine apart is to rivet the new chain. I've got this on my to-do-list but need to find where to get rivet pins for a cam chain. So far my search has turned up nothing.

Good luck.

Jeff

Comment

All you do it purchase an endless chain and break one link, feed it through;hooked into the end of the old one, then carefully rejoin the link.
      Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
        All you do it purchase an endless chain and break one link, feed it through;hooked into the end of the old one, then carefully rejoin the link.
        Dink
        Dink -do you know of people who have rejoined using the original pin rather than a rivet pin? One of the pieces of info that I found on this recommended not using the original pin. I'd love to do it with the original if it's safe.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

I have personally twice.
          Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
            I have personally twice.
            Dink
            This saves me a headache. Thanks. God I love this site.
            Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X