new chain old sproket fliped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new chain old sproket fliped

how bad would it be to turn my steel front sproket around, it is alittle worn not to bad according to a bike mechanic and said it should be ok if i just turned it around and used it. i am concerned because i don't want ruin a brand new chain i got. the front sproket has a little very very mild hook going, you can't see it with your eye but can feel a little indent when you rub your finger across it. i am planing on getting a new front sproket but but i want to go on a ride sunday about 400 miles do you think this will be bad. the chain i have is a brand new d. i . d professional o ring chain.

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Re: new chain old sproket fliped

I wouldnt do it. 400 miles is enough wreck a new chain.

Earl

Originally posted by first timer
    how bad would it be to turn my steel front sproket around, it is alittle worn not to bad according to a bike mechanic and said it should be ok if i just turned it around and used it. i am concerned because i don't want ruin a brand new chain i got. the front sproket has a little very very mild hook going, you can't see it with your eye but can feel a little indent when you rub your finger across it. i am planing on getting a new front sproket but but i want to go on a ride sunday about 400 miles do you think this will be bad. the chain i have is a brand new d. i . d professional o ring chain.

-ryan
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Dude..... Cast a look of shame on your mechanic, and buy a new sprocket. 15 bucks is cheap compared to buying a chain twice.....

Comment

DO NOT DO IT!!! chain and sprockets should be replaces as sets. 400 moles will destroy your new chain. If you have to do the ride leave your old chain and sprockets on.
        Dink

Comment

Always gotta Watch out for those rabid metal munching moles.

Comment

shafties rule!!!!LOL

Comment

The GK shaft probably weighs as much as an R1!

Cheer, Steve

Comment

Working...
              X