GS400E elecitrical problems, Lights blowing, starter wierd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS400E elecitrical problems, Lights blowing, starter wierd

hey, my lights blew while riding and people suggested that my regulator is shot. My started stopped working before the lights blew. I assesed the wiring and found that two of the three wires from the stator have the plastics boots melted to each other. I was wondering if this could have caused it. I need some help soon, summer and the moderate days are almost over!! lol

Sounds like the Regulator ain't regulating, but is dumping the Stator's energy into heat and cooking stuff. Pray your Stator isn't hosed too, and get a new Regulator in there.

Comment

hey

yea man I hope my stator isnt fried, jus put a new one in about one month ago!! I hate these damn bikes. thank god for the SV650 I'm gettin this spring!!

Comment

- I had somewhat similar problem, but it was just that those connectors between stator and R/R were corroded and were generating enough heat to melt the insullation - not that anything else was failed. I think this is why you will see recommendations to cut off these connectors and solder wires (I have cut off connectors and used wire nuts and then black tapped them).
        - If you blew out headlight, maybe you do have other problems like bad R/R. Or maybe just bad grounding of the R/R (and R/R okay but not grounded so it cant regulate and volts go too high).
        - I would say to repair wiring as best you can. Then take voltage readings per the stator papers here. Post your findings, several folks here will help you. I noticed that you havent mentioned any volt readings. You will need volt meter to troulble shoot with out blindly replacing expensive parts.
        http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
        X