Will a GS750 E Tank fit a GS 700 E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a GS750 E Tank fit a GS 700 E?

I have a 1985 GS 700 E with a Fuel tank that is rusting from the inside out. I have tried Por-15 sealer but I think the rust is too far advanced (it leaks gas though blisters and pinholes on the outside of the tank). I have found a guy with a tank from a GS 750 E from what looks like the same year. Will these tanks interchange? Will the gas caps and petcock all interchange? The GS 750 tank is in very good shape and would solve a bunch of my problems. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, will the vance and hines street megaphone for a GS 750 fit on a GS 700 E?

If your talking about an '83 GS750E then I believe the tank will mount up, but the 700 tank uses a flush mount fuel cap. The fuel tap(petcock) is the same. There may also be a difference with the mounting of the side panel to the tank(not sure about this one). Have you checked out bikebandit for the differences? Good luck.

PS. The V&H megaphones will interchange if the the 750 you're referring to is an '83(US) or ('83-85 rest of the world).

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'll give bike bandit a whirl and see what the differences are on the gas tank!

Comment

I just checked bikebandit and the schematics show that the 750 tank has only one side cover attchment point, while my 700 side covers need two attachment points. Furthermore, the gas caps are different. I guess I need to hold out for a GS 700 E tank, or get mine fixed. Back to the drawing board...

Comment

Working...
        X