Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning to re-build 1150 wiring harness

Guys,

I caught the powder coating bug and decided to strip my 1150 down to the frame and do it right.

My harness is a mess! Expanding on a question asked in the "performance" section-Basic Wiring.

Does anyone know just how much I can eliminate from the harness and still be able to have charging /starting, ignition,lights ect.

From my novice eyes, the harness seems to have a lot unneccesary "stuff". I have a complete dyna ignition: Coils box...
    I have no turn signals and plan to use a gsxr set of clocks.

As I said my harness being so crazy I am afraid to install my dyna system. I am thinking a simpler re-built harness may be a better option.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks!

check here, another members site

Comment

There are plently of places that supply chopper harnesses simply type in a search engine like google. You'll notice that you have extra miles and miles you don't use. Or simply loom your own wires.

Comment

It would be easier to help if you gave us the year of manufacture for your bike.

When you put your year model on the site, how about where you live too?

Terry

Comment

Thanks guys!

Terry, My bike is an 85 GS1150. I am in Greensboro North carolina.

I spread out my old harness on the shop floor and printed the modified schematic from Arnouts site(enlarged to 22" x34" thanks to a plotter at work):

Wow! Its so much simpler than I expected.
          The schematic in the haynes manual without the colors just look impossible to follow (at least to my novice eyes).

I will definetly attempt to build my own harness.

Jross- thanks for the google search tip. I did find a back up "generic" harness in case my attempt fails.

Comment

Working...
          X