Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a HD tank w/HD petcock work on a GS850???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a HD tank w/HD petcock work on a GS850???

I would like to put another tank on my 82 GS850 to replace the worn out & rusted origional. Will the carbs work correctly with a petcock from Harley Davidson? Are any other tanks/petcocks compatiable? Thanks for the help!

Any tank will work, and pretty much any petcock will work, as far as feeding the carbs gas goes. Fitting an HD tank, and making it look nice will be a challenge though. If you get the result you're looking for post some pics.

Comment

You can make anything fit with enough work. Maybe something from a big Suzuki crusier may be easier to adapt?????

Comment

If you do fit another tank,remember to block off the vacuum pipe from your original gas tap or the bike'll run like a bag of hammers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie
          If you do fit another tank,remember to block off the vacuum pipe from your original gas tap or the bike'll run like a bag of hammers.
          Actually I think HD uses the vacuum petcocks, but if not you will have to block it off, no biggie.

Comment

HD petcock

Thanks for all of the info, I am thinking of using a HD tank with those gauges that have the battery/fuel gauge built in. The have leds and look great. I need this because I removed and sold the origional gauges through ebay.

Comment

Working...
            X